Nowadays, many credit counseling firms in Birmingham are non-profit institutions who are funded at least to a certain extent by means of fee income, often known as Fair Share. As a result, the vast majority of credit card counseling solutions are easy on the pocketbook. We have to assume that 18,229 of Birmingham’s 494,275 locals are currently overdue on their credit card payments.
Managing Debt: Birmingham (AL)
How much is your debt in total? If you are having to pay more than 50% of what you make every month on rent/mortgage, loans, and credit cards, you might want to consult a credit counselor in Birmingham asap.
Debt management programs, better known as DMP’s, are nearly synonymous with credit counseling. By participating in a DMP, you might benefit from:
- Lowered Rates
- Decreased Collector Calls
- Single Monthly Payment
- Quicker Freedom From Debt
Your credit counseling firm will control paying the credit card companies each month. The only thing you need to do is supply them with a single payment per month.
Tips on Avoiding Credit Counseling Shams: Birmingham, AL
In general, credit counseling and debt management plans have been checked out by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and other governmental bodies, but keep away from any credit counselors in Birmingham that declare that they are able to:
- Eliminate all calls from collection agencies
- Get rid of damaging items from your credit score
- Promise the removal of unsecured debt
- Charge you upfront for their solutions
Just remember that nonprofit status does not always mean that a credit counseling business is legit, and the other way around.
Everything you owe has to be repaid, but your creditors may agree to waive fees and reduce interest rates if you’re participating in a DMP.
Want to discover how quickly credit counseling could free you from debt?
Bankruptcy Counseling in Birmingham, AL
Thinking about filing bankruptcy? You aren’t the only one. We estimate that 3149 of Birmingham’s 494,275 consumers have turned to bankruptcy.
Credit counseling is now compulsory prior to declaring bankruptcy.
Programs can be held:
- In Person
- By Phone
- On the Web
You will find that some services are accredited, others are not. For an approved list of approved Alabama credit counseling programs, simply click here, and you can talk with a qualified credit consultant by submitting this form.
Non-Profit Credit Counseling Services: Birmingham (AL)
In Birmingham, AL, Consumer Credit Counseling Service, often called CCCS, may provide non profit credit counseling for local consumers. A Consumer Credit Counseling Service in Birmingham, AL, will generally be a local not for profit firm which uses an NFCC membership seal. Typically a CCCS firm will provide much more than just credit counseling. They will likewise have:
- Bankruptcy Counseling for Birmingham Residents
- Home Assistance
- Credit Rating Assessments
- Debt Management
Keep in mind, not for profit doesn’t imply no cost. Be prepared to pay approximately $35 each month. To discover the CCCS location closest to Birmingham, AL, take a look at the list of agencies this site offers or check out the official NCFF website.
Credit and Debt Counseling: Birmingham (AL)
- Century Acceptance Corporation, 400 Century Park S, 35226
- Cindee Dale Holmes Attorneys At Law, 1909 5th Ave N, #200, 35203
- Consumer Credit Counseling Svc. of Central Alabama, 1401 20th St S, 35205
- Debt Management Services, 300 88th St S, 35206
- Debt Relief Counseling Services, 8038 Rugby Ave, 35206
- Holmes & Associates, 1909 5th Ave N, 35203
- McDonald Gina Attorney, 2080 Valleydale Rd, 35244
- Town And Country Acceptance Corporation, 2081 Columbiana Rd, 35216
- Debt Consolidation G’ Teed 50% Off Your Debt!, 480 24th St N, 35203
- Erdberg, Joe S – Jaffe & Erdberg PC, 205 20th St N, #N-817, 35203
- Hodges, David President – David E Hodges, PC, 205 20th St N, #923, 35203
- Massey, Stotser & Nichols, PC, 1780 Gadsden Hwy, 35235
- Pearson, Gina Attorney – Over the Mountain Law Center, LLC, 1903 Oxmoor Rd, 35209
- Consumer Credit Counseling, 2806 Ruffner Rd, 35210
- Consumer Credit Counseling, 5734 Crestwood Blvd, 35212
- Consumer Credit Counseling, 2121 14th Ave S, 35205
- Consumer Credit Counseling, 1633 Montgomery Hwy, 35216